It is so unfortunate to see many people throw away the carrot tops. Especially, when I see them chopping off the tops at the farmer's market. For me, I get very excited to find carrots that have gorgeously grown tops and can't help to think about this wonderful recipe. These carrot greens have many nutritional benefits as well. It has 6 times more vitaminC than its roots, and contains high amounts of chlorophyll that helps prevent the growth of tumors and cleans the colon, pushing out the accumulated wastes and toxins. So, it is very wise not to throw them away! The recipe I share with you is simple, easy, and very tasty. Here's the recipe.
3-4 bunch of carrot tops, 1/2 cup of sesame seeds (toasted and grind), ½ cup of pumpkin seeds (toasted), 1TBS of sesame oil, pinch of salt, 1 TBS of soy source
1. Toast sesame seeds and pumpkins and put them aside
2. In tIn a saucepan, boil the water first, add a pinch of salt. Then, damp the greens into the saucepan for 30 seconds and drain.
3. Chop the greens.
4. Heat the sauce pan, and add the sesame oil. Then, stir fry the chopped greens.
5. Add the pinch of salt, and soy sauce to taste. Then mix with sesame seeds and pumpkin seeds.
6. Sprinkle on the top of the steamy rice as much as you want!
Wanowa English Blog
Health & Balance