We are sorry to inform you that we will be canceling the one day retreat tomorrow, due to a neighborhood blackout that was caused by a tree falling down. Yufuko will be back in August, so we hope we can plan another retreat in fall. Once the date is decided, we will inform you more details. Thank you.
I am happy to inform you that I am going to hold a one day retreat at my house in Scotts Valley this coming Sunday on May 19th from 10 am - 3 pm together with my dear friend, Yufuko at my house!
Yufuko, a teacher (sensei) of Japanese tea ceremony, an incredible pottery artist, and an instructor of yoga will lead us to a beautiful class of gentle yoga (breath, stretch, and relax for all levels), Chabana (Japanese flower arrangement for tea), and Japanese tea ceremony. Yufuko, creator of No Gate Tea in Berkely is now based in Nara Prefecture Japan to deepen her quest of pottery. She will guide us to the new world of silence to connect with our true self through all the classes she offers.
And I will prepare a healing cuisine for lunch to rejuvenate your liver, and gallbladder which connect with the season of spring according to traditional Chinese medicine. Also, while you are having lunch, I will talk about how to take care of these organs.
Here's the schedule of the retreat.
Date: May 19th, Sunday, one day after the full moon
10:00 Welcome drink - Home Remedy Soup to rejuvenate your liver & gallbladder
10:15 Breathing - Introduction to the Respiratory System
10:15-12:15 Gentle Yoga for all levels
12:30-13:30 Healing cuisine lunch (mini-talk for how to take care of your lever & gallbladder)
13:30-14:00 Meditation Walking
14:00-14:15 Chabana - Japanese flower arrangement for tea
(We will use the wildflowers found in the forest during the meditation walking.
Yufuko will bring her beautiful hand-made ceramic vases for us to use for chabana)
14:15-15:00 Japanese tea ceremony
（I will prepare healthy Japanese sweets that go well with Japanese authentic Matcha tea)
Where： private house in the midst of the redwood trees
( I will inform you the address once I receive your reservation!)
I am sure you will find Yufuko's every class profound and give you a new perspective on your daily life. And, I will prepare the meal to balance out your energy. We have limited space for 8 people, so RSVP to Shinobeau@iCloud.com if you are interested.
The photos below are from the autumn retreat we collaborated together last year.
Here's the information about Chabana.
Chabana is neither too informal, nor overly designed, but arranged with the nature of the flower in mind. Like tea, what matters most is the mind in which your arrangements stem from. When you are resting in a calm and balanced space, the arrangement of flowers for tea will reflect these qualities and inspire them in others. It is an art like any other, requiring frequent practice. And like any art to be mastered, freedom stems from the form, meaning more repetition and input in the beginning until you slowly step out of the way and let the creative process naturally work through you. It becomes less of you arranging the flowers and more of letting them arrange your state of being, as they do in Nature...
Japanese lunch box catering service to the Japanese community on a Happy Mother's Day💕 I prepared these lunch boxes thinking about my mother in Hiroshima, Japan. 🙏
It took almost 2 days for just making the preps. I hope everyone enjoyed the food.
♡ Kenchin vegetable soup
♡ lotus root & oatmeal balls
♡ potato salad with home-made chickpea mayonnaise
♡ beet salad together with beets stem and leaf prepared respectively
♡ gluten-free spring roll of bamboo shoots & vegetables
♡ squid ink style pasta using Hijiki & Nori (seaweeds)
♡ garland chrysanthemum leaves dressed with tofu and tahini paste
♡ daikon rice using 2 whole daikon radishes accompanied with boiled green top
♡ sweet azuki bean paste & Matcha mousse with fresh strawberry sauce
I used Kuzu root starch for thickening Matcha mousse. Kuzu is one of the essential ingredients of macrobiotic cooking and traditional Chinese medicine. It improves the entire body maintaining in a well-balanced manner. It has been used for more than thousands of years in Asia. Since it is not synthetically made such as any other drugs, there are no side effects, and it is safe, effective for everyone. Here are some amazing medicinal benefits of Kuzu.
- Purifying the blood - promoting excretion of waste in the blood and improving the quality of blood cells (red blood cells, white blood cells, etc.)
- Promoting blood circulation - smoothing blood circulation helps to enhance the function of general organs, increasing the metabolism
- Improving the immune function - improving the immune cell generation for making body tissue flexible, softening and strengthening blood vessels, muscles, ligaments, joints, etc.
- Stabilizing autonomic nervous system - enhancing endocrine function - the hormones secreted from endocrine glands are well-balanced
- Improving digestive function such as the stomach, intestines, pancreas, gallbladder, etc.
- Stabilizing the blood sugar - an increase of pancreatic activity to regulate sugar metabolism, so high blood sugar drops, and low blood sugar rises.
- Enhancing the liver function - liver, one of the essential organs with the largest size and ability of the human body responsible for over 500 duties, help to enhance blood quality together with functions of whole-body organs.
- Improving the functions of the kidneys - eliminating waste products and other harmful substances from the body to the outside.
- Enhancing the functions of the adrenal glands - Improving the allergies and autoimmune diseases, and help to prevent infections and cancer
- Improving cardiovascular function - strengthening blood vessels and heart tissue by regulating blood quality and circulation.
- Natural pain relief - the pain will be alleviated by sending oxygen while the flow of blood was promoted, and it will help to eliminate stagnant degradation components in the bloodstream.
Wanowa English Blog
Health & Balance